Frequently Asked Questions
What do the different levels (A1-A2-B1) mean?
If you complete a beginners course (A1) at Dutch on Track, you:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce yourself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, people you know and things you have.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
If you complete an elementary course (A2) at Dutch on Track, you:
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of your background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
If you complete an intermediate course (A2+ and B1) at Dutch on Track, you:
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
If you complete an advanced course (B1+ and B2) at Dutch on Track, you:
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
What method(s) do you use?
For the levels A1-A2 we use Start.nl, a method especially designed for expats who want to learn Dutch to communicate in daily life. Click here if you want to learn more about Start.nl.
For the levels A2+-B1 we use Nederlands in Actie. Click here if you want to learn more about Nederlands in Actie.
For the levels B1+-B2 we use Nederlands op Niveau. Click here if you want to learn more about Nederlands op Niveau.
How many hours of class per week?
Our classes are once a week, two hours.
How do I enroll?
How many students are there in class?
Are you closed during the holidays?
We are closed during the following weeks (school vacations):
- 31-07-2023 t/m 20-08-2023 (week 31/32/33)
- 25-12-2023 t/m 01-01-2024 (week 52)